A Drugstore Foundation Favourite


Have you ever had that sinking feeling where you're trying to shake your Chanel Vitalumiere for that one last drop but nothing is coming out? And it's the end of the month so unfortunately popping down to the Chanel counter is not an option? Yep, well that's currently my life, hello being a student once again. So it's back down to scouring Boots for the best that the drugstore brands have to offer.

L'oreal True Match Foundation has always been my go to for drug store foundation. So after finding out that the formula has been revamped I was pretty keen to try it. The foundation has been updated to include added skin benefits as well as still providing a medium/ full coverage and long lasting wear.

The original foundation was quite heavy and a little went quite far in terms of coverage. I used to prefer a full face kinda' look but now I happily opt for more of a medium natural coverage so the new formula ticks the coverage box for me.

The new formula also includes oils for a better blend and improved moisture which makes it a great foundation for this time of the year, as dry skin will be less of an issue. Plus it means the foundation looks extra glowy on your skin.

Although I have spot prone skin, I don't have particularly oily skin, so the old formula was a little bit too chalky for me. The new formula has lost the chalkiness so if you have oily skin the new formula may not be for you. But for any of you combination/ dry skin types, you definitely need to give this a try.

Finally, for all you pale skin girls, like myself, there is a really great selection of different shades for pale skins which I think gets forgotten about with a lot of brands. So you will definitely find the right shade for you.

1 comment

  1. I love this foundation but sadly L'oreal doesn't do well on my skin, everything L'oreal breaks me out :(

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete