Clinique Chubby Stick VS Revlon Colorburst Balm



Revlon Colorburst were the first drugstore dupe for the famous Clinique chubby stick and now they've launched a new matte and lacquer range. They appear to be the latest drugstore hype so obviously I had to give them a go to see what all the hype was about.

I have been a religious chubby stick user for years and some how through my make up snobbery (don't judge me) the original Revlon Colorburst balms seem to have passed me by. But i'm so glad I have finally discovered them. I picked them up for £7.99 each from Boots, given that the chubby stick is £17 that is a massive saving. The packaging alone is basically identical to the chubby stick, they both wind up from the bottom and they both look like a felt tip pen.

I've always loved the chubby stick because it's not as harsh and noticeable as lipstick, they're much more of a balm. They are so moisturising so they are particularly good for the winter months. I was really pleasantly surprised to find that both Revlon Colorburst matte and lacquer had similar results.  They both had similar properties to balms. They aren't too harsh in colour and they leave a stain behind after they've worn off so you're not constantly having to reapply.

The other thing I love about the chubby stick is that it isn't glossy but it is shiny. I'm really not a fan of any glossy products, they remind me of my fourteen year old self so I try to avoid them (like the plague). This made me slightly skeptical about the Revlon Colorburst lacquer being a bit too glossy but again they were just like the chubby stick, just the perfect balance of shine. The matte range is a great balance of matte and moisturising so you don't need to have the perfect smooth pout to be able to wear it which, for me, is ideal in the winter.

I think I have actually be converted from by beloved chubby stick! I think i'm a little to addicted to give them up completely but I think I'm much more likely to reach and repurchase my Revlon Colorbust balm.

Have you tried the Revlon Colorbust balms yet?

Lily xx

P.S I did take this photo myself, after my parents both said 'You stole that photo off the internet'. Definitely taken by myself :)

2 comments

  1. As soon as i saw the word 'Matte' my eyes lit up! I know what you mean about the glossy look, especially when you're young all you can afford is some cheap stuff from Claire's accessories which is stickier than PVA glue! I did actually think the photo was really good, what camera do you use?

    grace x
    grace-gibson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it, I remember having this Ted Baker lipgloss from a Boots set and it was literally the thickest gloopiest thing I have ever seen yet I used to wear it everyday, cringe! I use the Olympus camedia C-5050 zoom, it's my dads old one, I stole it haha xx

      Delete